Is LVT Flooring Pet Friendly
Is LVT Flooring Pet Friendly?
Key Takeaways: Is luxury vinyl flooring pet friendly?
- I have dogs in my house, should I be purchasing LVT flooring?
- Is LVT flooring scratch resistant?
- Is luxury vinyl flooring slippy for animals?
We have had many customers over the years who have asked the question of whether luxury vinyl flooring is suitable for them as they have a house full of dogs or cats or even other more exotic pets! Well, yes the fitting of LVT in a home with pets can work extremely well. The central issue often revolves around scratching of the floor by the animals present. Luxury vinyl flooring is often marketed as scratch resistant which for all intents and purposes is correct. However this should not be misinterpreted as scratch proof. Any floor unless it is ultra hard and manufactured specifically to be 100% scratch proof will scratch to some degree.
We think the best floor for dogs and other pets is LVT (Luxury Vinyl Tiles). LVT floors are finished with a tough, scratch-resistant layer, which resists the constant clatter of claws. This means a good quality LVT floor will last a long time, even with pets. Because luxury vinyl tiles are easy to clean and resilient it is straightforward and easy to maintain their appearance with a minimal amount of care and maintenance. They are easy to clean and can withstand pressure from large animals. In many respects vinyl flooring can be the best possible option for pets. This is due to its versatility, durability and true resilience to withstand years of endurance whatever life throws at it.
Most luxury vinyl tiles are water resistant and some varieties are even waterproof. It is easy to maintain, and easy to clean. Plus, it is soft underfoot. If you are looking for a budget-friendly flooring that you and your pets will enjoy, luxury vinyl is an excellent choice. Vinyl flooring is a popular flooring option for families with pets. Luxury vinyl tile and vinyl sheet are highly durable, long-lasting, and resistant to moisture, scratches and dents. They are also easy to maintain.
Will dogs scratch LVT?
The outer layer of vinyl flooring is typically scratch-resistant, which means their claws can't scratch it up and their nails won't leave scratches when they get excited running around the house. And, scratch-resistant flooring or not, it's always a good idea to trim your pet's nails so they stay comfortable. All in all the following elements are what you should be considering when choosing your next floor if you have any of our wonderful four legged friends in the home!
- Scratch resistance: Dogs can do a lot of damage with their nails, so scratch resistance is an important factor to look out for when comparing different floor materials.
- Water and stain resistance: If your pup isn’t potty trained or is more prone to accidents and spills, finding floors that won’t easily ruin or stain will keep them looking pristine for the long haul.
- Upkeep: Choosing floors that aren’t a hassle to maintain will make your life easier as a dog owner.
- Comfort and traction: If you’re like most dog owners, you want your pets to be comfortable and safe. Different floor types offer varying levels of comfort and traction for your dogs.
- Cost: Your floors are a significant part of your home, and it’s important to find an option that will provide a good return on your investment while still meeting the needs of your budget.
Our leading LVT ranges include the following: Exclusive by Flooring Hut; Polyflor Camaro; Polyflor Camaro Loc; Karndean Knight Tile; Karndean Van Gogh; Amtico Spacia; Amtico Signature: Luvanto Click Plus and Luvanto Design.