We protect your personal data in strict accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act (1998) and the European Union Data Protection Framework Directives and only store the data necessary for accounting, marketing, sales, public relations and record keeping in order to maintain and improve the trading relationships between the company and its customers and suppliers.
1. We will never collect sensitive information.
2. The limited personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. All personal information supplied by you will be treated in confidence by the Flooring HUT company and will not be disclosed to any third parties except where your consent has been received or where permitted by law.
3. To make sure Your personal information remains confidential, we communicate these privacy guidelines to every Flooring HUT employee.
4. This Statement is applicable not only to information collected from You during your use of flooringhut.co.uk, but also to all the information we hold on flooringhut.co.uk. We will display a prominent notice on this home page whenever this Privacy Statement is updated or changed and you should check our Privacy Statement periodically. By choosing to continue usage of flooringhut.co.uk, You agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
5. Flooring HUT welcomes links to this Web site, however, it does not wish to be linked to or from any third-party Web site which contains:
a) any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including, without limitation, any content constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, provincial, national or international law, regulation which may be damaging or detrimental to the activities, operations, credibility or integrity of Flooring HUT;
b) any material or information of any kind which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, could be harmful to minors, harasses or advocates harassment of another person, provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, provides instructional information about illegal activities, including, without limitation, the making or buying of illegal weapons;
c) any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights, or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights. Flooring HUT reserves the right to prohibit or refuse to accept any link to this Web site, including, without limitation, any link which contains or makes available any content or information of the foregoing nature, at any time.
We use “cookies” which are stored on your web browser in order to provide some of the personalised features of our web site: This may also be used by us to collect information about the usage of our web site. If you do not wish to be identified in this way, you can prevent this by making appropriate settings in your web browser. This will however stop you from using some of the functions of our web site.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognise your device the next time you visit. Web beacons or other similar files can also do the same thing. We use the term “cookies” in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
There are many functions cookies serve. For example, they can help us to remember your username and preferences, analyse how well our website is performing, or even allow us to recommend content we believe will be most relevant to you.
Certain cookies contain personal information – for example, if you click to “remember me” when logging in, a cookie will store your username. Most cookies won’t collect information that identifies you and will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use our websites, or a user’s general location.
Generally, our cookies perform up to two different functions:
1. Functionality Cookies
We use functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences. For example, cookies save you the trouble of typing in your username every time you access the site and recall your customisation preferences.
2. Performance Cookies
We utilise other cookies to analyse how our visitors use our websites and to monitor website performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customising our offering and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. We might also use these cookies to highlight articles or site services that we think will be of interest to you based on your usage of the website.